I never did a gender reveal before : with my two previous pregnancies I was simply too impatient to find out the baby’s gender! But this time around, and with my most likely last pregnancy, I wanted to make something special for gender reveal – and I wanted my two daughters to remember this moment in their lives too.
So I have come up with 5 easy ways that you too can use – either on your gender reveal party, or as a photo announcement for your family and friends!
- Use a letter board and let your youngest child announce the big news! ( this option is super cute for gender reveal announcement cards!)
- Ask a friend to make an envelope photo booth backdrop with pink or blue tissue paper hidden inside ( full tutorial here)
- Get a gender reveal cake with matching cupcakes, and cut it to find out what are you having.
- Ask a friend to surprise you with pink or blue balloons ( another cute idea for a gender reveal announcement card!)
- Make a blue or pink non alcoholic drink for the gender reveal party.
So this first idea is probably the easiest to go with if you already have another kid: a letter board, a toddler or a preschooler, and some bribing to stand still for a minute, and voila, a super cute gender reveal photo for announcing the news to family and friends is ready! ( just don’t forget to make a second photo with the question answered on a board!) :
However, if you’d like to invite family over and throw a party, then this envelope photo booth backdrop is my favourite idea ever! Everyone will be curious to peak in, and once open it makes for the prettiest photo backdrop ever!
Of course, another winning idea is ordering a gender reveal cake with a matching cake topper. The excitement on everyone’s faces when you cut through the cake is priceless! Not to mention that you get to share the sweet news with everyone int he most delicious way!
Going with the balloons is another simple way for making great gender reveal announcement photos- no words needed just don’t get a confusing colour! This is one of the rare occasions when going with the stereotypes is actually better !
And if you’re making a party simply serve a pink or blue drink!
Here’s all you need for a Blue Punch :
- Blue food colouring for the virgin – or Blue curaçao for regular
- Sparkling water
- Pineapple juice
Mix it all together, serve on ice.
And if you’re looking for a pink drink idea, try this:
- pink lemonade
- ( optional vodka)
So if you’re wondering what I did to reveal our baby’s gender at home, well I ordered a cake. And then I used these photos to announce the big news to my extended family and friends. I guess you guessed by now that I’m having a boy, right?
Cake and cupcakes: Little Leah’s kitchen.
Cake topper: Pompons Events.
Photo backdrop idea and execution: Johanie Creative
Photos made by: Johanie Creative